|I'm getting increasingly annoyed and frustrated by people who don't publish contact details. (Cue "angry old man" finger pointing!).|
Specifically this is people who don't:-
- Fill in their Skype profile
- Use an Email signature
- Put contact information on their websites
So take 5 minutes now to go and improve this.
1) Upgrade your copy of Skype The latest release is Version: 188.8.131.52. Release date: March 16, 2006
2) Launch Skype and go to File, Edit My Profile. Fill it all in and upload a picture. Put in your Ecademy Profile as the web address. eg http://ecademy.com/account.php?id=999&xref=999 where 999 is your ecademy ID.
3) Set Skype to show your status online. Tools, Options, Privacy, "Allow my status to be shown on the web". Now Ecademy will show your (more or less) up to date status.
4) Do the same with any other Instant Message systems that you use.
5) Go into your email package and set a signature. Assuming you're using Outlook (Why? ); Tools, Options, Mail Format, Signature Picker, New, You want to have a maximum of 5 lines. Something like
Business address, town, county, postcode
http://your_website.com or http://ecademy.com/account.php?id=999&xref=999
6) Contact your web developer and make sure that your website has contact details that are easy to find and up to date.
7) I'd strongly recommend setting Ecademy to show more information on your profile rather than less. I know people are concerned about privacy, I just don't understand it. I'd recommend filling in and making visible your phone, mobile, email and street address.
Now people will actually be able to contact you when they need to. If they forget the address of your office before a meeting, they've just got to find one of your emails. If they can't find an email they can check on Skype. The same if they need to contact you by mobile phone. Ecademy users will be able to see if you're on line on Skype or don't want to be disturbed. [from: JB Ecademy]
[ << Wired News: Reasons to Love Open-Source DRM ] [ Who Designed This Crap? The Great Ipod Scam >> ]
[ 04-Apr-06 1:55pm ]